Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Mantra

I want to live by Lake Michigan.
I want to teach children how to read.
I want to discuss literature with people of all ages.

I want to write poetry.
I want to write stories.
I want to write letters to friends near and far.

I want to teach people to find the best in themselves.
I want to change the way people see this world.

I want to spend every night under the stars.
I want to live in rooms full of books and live flowers in colorful vases.
I want to breathe in the wild air.
I want to travel to far away places.
I want to dance outside in every rainstorm.

I want to drink hot tea on porch swings as the cool breeze lets me know I'm alive.
I want to see every sunrise and every sunset.
I want to catch every wave.
I want to slide down every slide on every playground in America.

I want to make people laugh.
I want to make people smile.
I want to make people cry tears of pure joy.

I want to be a faithful husband.
I want to be a supportive father.
I want to be a crazy uncle.
I want to be a fun-loving grandfather.
I want to adopt a child who needs me as much as I need them.

I want to be a part of something much greater than myself.
I want to start a movement.
I want to make a difference.
I want to change the way things work.

I want to wake up every day knowing that love and beauty truly conquer all.
I want to keep dreaming these dreams and living this life, for one day I know that all of these wants will turn into haves and life will continue to be beautiful.



© 2013, Austin A. Searfoss

No comments:

Post a Comment